A Independent, Conflict-Free, Fiduciary Approach
Retirement plans, when properly structured, can be a powerful tool in recruiting, retaining, and rewarding talented employees. The potential tax-deferred savings can be very significant. However, particularly for small business, the details of operating a retirement plan can be complex and confusing.
Small businesses choose Johnston Investment Counsel to assist with their retirement plans because:
- We are fiduciaries that significantly reduces the conflicts of interest associated with retirement plans.
- As an independent advisor, we select investment options from anywhere and use lower-cost institutional share classes. A true open architecture approach — both from the fund choice and share class perspective.
- We create several diversified, risk-based portfolios. These “one-stop” portfolios are a simple but powerful solution for participants that do not want to select from a long menu of investment options. When combined with high quality fund selection, one-stop portfolios are very attractive for both there simplicity and quality.
- If desired, we will serve as investment manager to the retirement plan. Particpants will select from several risk-based portfolios. We will manage those portfolios using our comprehensive portfolio management approach.
- We create a bundled-like product by using independent, best of breed third party administrators.