Comprehensive, Integrated Investment Review
Today, it is common to have several types of accounts located at many different firms. It can be challenging to understand and integrate these different accounts into a cohesive investment strategy.
At Johnston Investment Counsel, we seek to structure your investments so that each account is working together toward your ultimate financial goal — in as tax friendly way as possible. JIC’s investment analysis will evaluate, on a consolidated basis, the following:
- Whether the mix between various assets classes such as stocks, bonds, and cash is appropriate given your financial goals and risk preferences.
- The diversification within a particular asset class.
- The tax status of each account (401(k) vs. IRA vs. taxable account) and its underlying holdings to create as tax-efficient portfolio as possible.
- Cost basis of existing taxable investments.
- An evaluation of individual holdings, versus appropriate benchmark indices and peers.
JIC’s analysis and recommendations are given to you in a written report. Our objective is to provide you a comprehensive, understandable approach to your investments that will meet your financial goals.